Snow is inevitable in Detroit! At Qwik Park, we know what a hassle iced over cars can be. Unfortunately, we can't help defrost your vehicle at home or work, but we have some useful tips that can help you along the way:
- Clean the inside of your windshield with shaving cream. Seriously! Not only will shaving cream clean your window, it will aid in preventing fog and moisture buildup. The less you have to run the defroster, the better!
- Unfreeze your keys. Sticking your car keys into an almost certainly frozen car door lock will open the door to a whole bunch of potential problems! Keys may break or the lock may be too frozen to even turn! To remedy this, keep a lighter handy and warm your key before trying to insert it. In a pinch, hand sanitizer will help unfreeze as well.
- Cover your window. Scraping your windshield can be a hassle. Save yourself the trouble by purchasing old drop clothes, a rug, or any type of thick material and placing it over your windshield. When you are ready to leave, simply yank the cloth off your windshield and all of the pesky snow will come off too!
- Stuck? Use cardboard! Weather your car is stuck in the slushy mud at home, work, or the grocery store, cardboard boxes should be nearby. Place a flattened cardboard box in front of your wheels and your car will make it to safety a lot easier.
- Face east. When possible, park your car facing an easterly direction. Since the sun rises from the east, you will have a little help from nature's heat in starting the unfreezing process on those cold winter mornings.