Just because the holiday travel season is long gone doesn’t mean that you have to hunker down at home until the summer! We know we know…we get it! Summer is better because the weather is warmer and the kids are on summer break. Speaking of break, saving your vacation for summer is sure to break one thing, the bank! Instead, choose to travel during the “shoulder season,” the period between the off and peak seasons. This time of year usually brings calmer airports, less crowded destinations and much more bang for your buck. When planning your shoulder season getaway, keep these helpful tips in mind:
1. Don’t inconvenience yourself trying to save money. Off season is “off” for a reason, and, as a result, prices are cheaper. You will be able to get the same vacation for half the price.
2. Check the weather for your desired destination. If you are from Michigan, a European vacation with weather in the 40’s will be pleasant. If you are from Florida, it will be freezing cold. Don’t let your idea of bad weather ruin your trip!
3. Investigate your destination. Just because it is the low season in the United States doesn’t mean it will be the low season in India. Check the local customs of the location you will be visiting to ensure that no cultural holidays will be going on during your stay.
4. Don’t let multiple high seasons leave you in a muddle! That’s right; some places have multiple high seasons. Ski resorts are packed during the winter, but are also popular during the summer where outdoor enthusiasts flock for hiking, biking and rock climbing. Choose your destination wisely.
5. Not sure when the shoulder season is? Investigate local hotel websites and see when they are changing peak rats. No rates listed? Just research rooms on various dates and see what pops up!
You can save money ANY season when you park with Qwik Park. Make your free online reservation today and we will take care of your car the next time you travel out of the Detroit Metro Airport.
Post a Comment